||Best site for GRE, LSAT, SAT, GMAT, TOEFL, CCNA, CCSA and interview sample questions
PSAT Sample Questions ›› Critical Reading Section : Passage-Based Reading Questions
PSAT Sample Questions
PSAT Sample Passage-Based Reading Questions
‹‹Previous || Next ››
PSAT Sample Passage-Based Reading Question Number : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19
- Disequilibrium at the interface of water and air is a factor on which the transfer of heat and water vapor from the ocean to the air depends. The air within about a millimeter of the water is almost saturated with water vapor and the temperature of the air is close to that of the surface water. Irrespective of how small these differences might be, they are crucial, and the disequilibrium is maintained by air near the surface mixing with air higher up, which is typically appreciably cooler and lower in water vapor content. The turbulence, which takes its energy from the wind mixes the air. As the speed of wind increases, so does the turbulence, and consequently the rate of heat and moisture transfer. We can arrive at a detailed understanding of this phenomenon after further study. The transfer of momentum from wind to water, which occurs when waves are formed is an interacting-and complicated phenomenon. When waves are made by the wind, it transfers important amounts of energy-energy, which is consequently not available for the production of turbulence.
- This passage principally intends to:
- resolve a controversy
- attempt a description of a phenomenon
- sketch a theory
- reinforce certain research findings
- tabulate various observations
Ans : B
- The wind over the ocean usually does which of the following according to the given passage?
I. Leads to cool, dry air coming in proximity with the ocean surface.
II. Maintains a steady rate of heat and moisture transfer between the ocean and the air.
III. Results in frequent changes in the ocean surface temperature.
- I only
- II only
- I and II only
- II and III only
- I, II, and III
Ans : A
- According to the author the present knowledge regarding heat and moisture transfer from the ocean to air as
Ans : E
- According to the given passage, in case the wind was to decrease until there was no wind at all, which of the following would occur?
- The air, which is closest to the ocean surface would get saturated with water vapor.
- The water would be cooler than the air closest to the ocean surface.
- There would be a decrease in the amount of moisture in the air closest to the ocean surface.
- There would be an increase in the rate of heat and moisture transfer.
- The temperature of the air closest to the ocean and that of the air higher up would be the same.
Ans : A
Sample Test Questions
GRE Sample Questions
CAT Sample Questions
GMAT Sample Questions
TOEFL Sample Questions
ACT Sample Questions
SAT Sample Questions
LSAT Sample Questions
PSAT Sample Questions
MCAT Sample Questions
PMP Sample Questions
GED Sample Questions
ECDL Sample Questions
DMV Sample Questions
CCNA Sample Questions
MCSE Sample Questions
Network+ Sample Questions
A+ Sample Questions
Technical Sample Questions
WASL Sample Questions
CISA Sample Questions
Other Sample Questions
Sample Interview Questions
Sample Teacher Interview Questions
Sample Citizenship Questions
Accuplacer Sample Questions
Science Bowl sample Questions
Driving Test Sample Questions
Sample Survey Questions
Sample Essay Questions
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions
Copyright © 2004-2013, Best BSQ. All Rights Reserved.