||Best site for GRE, LSAT, SAT, GMAT, TOEFL, CCNA, CCSA and interview sample questions
MCSE Sample Questions ›› Microsoft Microsoft XP Professional
MCSE Sample Questions : Microsoft Microsoft XP Professional
Microsoft Microsoft XP Professional
« Previous || Next »
MCSE Sample Question Number :
- You are the desktop administrator for your company.All client desktop computers run Windows XP Professional.A user in the Marketing department has a scanner connected to his client computer.This morning the user received a popup when he started the image scanning software asking him if he wanted to search the Internet for new software and drivers.The user accepts and the update utility downloads and installs an updated driver for the scanner.
When the user attempted to use the scanner, the computer stopped responding.He calls you and explains the problem.He also informs you that he already rebooted the computer but when he tried to use the scanner again the computer stopped responding again.
What should you tell the user to do?
- Restart the computer using the Last Known Good Configuration.
- Use the Recovery Console to disable the device and restore the previous driver.
- Configure the Driver Signing options to Ignore unsigned files.
- Use the Driver Roll Back option in Device Manager to restore the previous driver.
- You are the desktop administrator for your company.All client computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a single Windows 2003 domain.You create a shared folder on one of the client computers and you assign the share permission Full Control to the Sales group and read to Everyone.You assign the share permission Change to Michael, who is a member of the Marketing group.You deny Full Control NTFS permissions for the Marketing group.
What are Michael's effective permissions when connecting to the shared folder?
- Read and Execute
- Full Control
- No access
- You are the administrator for a small company with 15 clients.All client desktop computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a single workgroup.One of the computers is equipped with a large and fast SCSI hard disk to allow for a centralized location for file sharing.The disk is still basic and contains one large FAT32 partition.Because this computer contains most of the company's critical data, you have been asked to implement a fault tolerant solution to protect the data.Although you perform a backup every night, the downtime to restore the data could have disastrous financial consequences, so you decide to add an additional SCSI disk and create a mirrored volume.
What should you do to be able to implement the RAID 1 solution on the computer?
- Use Disk Management to convert the disk to dynamic.
- Use Disk Management to convert the disk to NTFS.
- Run Windows XP Setup and press F6 to install the Windows Mirrored Volume driver.
- Reinstall the computer with Windows 2000 or 2003 Server.
- You are the domain administrator for your company.All client computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a single Windows 2003 domain.One of the users, Julia, created a shared folder on her computer and asks you to set the permissions.She wants everyone in the Sales department to be able to do everything except changing permissions for the shared folder.Nobody else in the company should be granted access of any kind.She wants to maintain Full Control over the shared folder's permission settings.
How should you assign the permissions?
- Remove Everyone from the share permissions.
- Assign the share permission Full Control to the Sales group.
- Assign the share permission Change to the Sales group.
- Assign Full Control share permissions to Julia.
- Deny the share permission Full Control to the Sales group.
- Deny the share permission Full Control to Everyone.
- Assign the NTSF permission Modify to the Sales group.
Answer: A, C, G
- You are the desktop administrator for your company.All client computers run Windows XP Professional and are members of a single Windows 2003 domain.All clients use a single shared Internet connection.You want to install 20 new clients using an answer file and you are current testing out the image on a test client.You've added the following text to the unattend.txt file:
ProductID = ABCDE-12345-FGHI6-JKLM7-NOPQ8
When you run the installation on the test computer, you notice that the Activation failed.What should you do to allow automatic product activation during setup?
- Open port 80 and 443 on the firewall.
- Add AutoActivate = Yes to the [Unattended] section of the answer file.
- Add the msoobe /a command to the autoexec.bat of each client.
- Add the /a and /ID parameters to winnt.exe when starting setup on the clients.
- You want to share a printer on your Windows XP Professional client named Wrkst12, to allow IPP clients to print documents across the Internet.You installed PWS, shared the printer under the name Printer01, and set the appropriate permissions.What is the correct URL users should use to connect to the printer by using the Add Printer wizard?
- You are a network technician assigned to troubleshoot problems with your company's enterprise network Windows 2000 environment.You have just been informed that a user's computer running Windows XP Professional has crashed.Upon inspection you notice that this computer will begin to load but the GUI no longer will come up.It will not load past the POST.What utility can you use to retrieve the files off this computer before the hard drive is formatted and a new image put back on?
- Disk Manager
- Device Manager
- Last Known Good Configuration
- Recovery Console
- Safe Mode
- You share a folder on your computer and you assigned the share permission Change to Everyone.John, a user from the Sales department, has been granted Full Control NTFS permission to the folder.John is also a member of the Sales group, which has been assigned Read NTFS permissions.
What are John's effective permissions when connecting to the shared folder?
- Read and Execute
- Full Control
- Your Windows XP Professional computer won't boot correctly.You want to use the Recovery Console to troubleshoot, but you did not install it using the winnt32.exe /cmdcons command.How should you access the Recovery Console?
- Using the Windows XP Advanced Options Menu at system startup
- By pressing the F8 key at system startup
- From Repair option of Setup
- Add the /cmdcons switch to the Windows XP ARC path in the boot.ini file.
- Which of the following is true concerning drive compression in Windows XP Professional?
- You can compress files and folders only on drives formatted with NTFS.
- Compressed files and folders cannot be shared.
- Compressed files and folders can be encrypted.
- Compressed files and folders cannot be encrypted
Answer: A, D
Sample Test Questions
GRE Sample Questions
CAT Sample Questions
GMAT Sample Questions
TOEFL Sample Questions
ACT Sample Questions
SAT Sample Questions
LSAT Sample Questions
PSAT Sample Questions
MCAT Sample Questions
PMP Sample Questions
GED Sample Questions
ECDL Sample Questions
DMV Sample Questions
CCNA Sample Questions
MCSE Sample Questions
Network+ Sample Questions
A+ Sample Questions
Technical Sample Questions
WASL Sample Questions
CISA Sample Questions
Other Sample Questions
Sample Interview Questions
Sample Teacher Interview Questions
Sample Citizenship Questions
Accuplacer Sample Questions
Science Bowl sample Questions
Driving Test Sample Questions
Sample Survey Questions
Sample Essay Questions
Sample Behavioral Interview Questions
Copyright © 2004-2013, Best BSQ. All Rights Reserved.