LSAT Sample Questions ›› Analytical Reasoning
LSAT Sample Questions
Questions 86 - 89
An increasing number of people prefer to retain their own individuality and their own identity and consequently this has lead to a decline in the marriage rate.
- Which among the following assumptions are used in the above premises?
- When a person is married, he or she loses his or her own identity and is no longer accountable to himself or herself.
- Married persons do not find contentment as opposed to unmarried people.
- There has been a steady increase in the divorce rate.
- I only
- II only
- III only
- I and II only
- I, II, and III
Ans : A
- Among the following statements, which would weaken the above argument?
- The stability resulting from marriage offsets the negative aspects of the dual responsibility of husband and wife.
- Most people are not mature enough to be married.
- Among most married couples the wife wants to have children.
- There are a differing set of values honored by men and women.
- It is advantageous to be single form a tax point of view.
Ans : A
- Which among the following would strengthen the above argument?
- Very few people prefer to bring up a family.
- Emotionally divorce is not an easy procedure.
- 700 couples from 1000 surveyed couples complained that they were losing their identity.
- Married people have to make a considerable effort to make the marriage last.
- The financial complications arising from a divorce are becoming decreasingly complicated.
Ans : C
- Emma: Financially the private university is ruined. In case it raises its tuition fees, the number of paying students will come down and if they refrain from raising the fees the university will go bankrupt.
Richard: The pay of the teachers and professors could be cut.
Richard responds to Emma’s argument by
- drawing attention to an earlier overlooked alternative.
- attacking her method of reasoning.
- resigning himself to the demise of the private university.
- attacking Emma on a personal level.
- taking the side of the university as against that of the students.
Ans : A
Questions 90 - 92
Mrs. Green wishes to renovate her cottage. She hires the services of a plumber, a carpenter, a painter, an electrician, and an interior decorator. The renovation is to completed in a period of one working week i.e. Monday to Friday. Every worker will be taking one complete day to do his job. Mrs. Green will allow just one person to work per day.
- The painter can do his work only after the plumber and the carpenter have completed their jobs.
- The interior decorator has to complete his job before that of the electrician.
- The carpenter cannot work on Monday or Tuesday.
« Previous || Next »
LSAT Analytical Reasoning Question Number : 1-7 | 8-12 | 13-21 | 22-25 | 26-31 | 32-34 | 35-41 | 42-47 | 48-50 | 51-56 | 57-63 |64-70 | 71-75 | 76-79 | 80-85 | 86-92 | 93-97
- In case the painter works on Thursday, which among the following alternatives is possible?
- The electrician works on Tuesday.
- The electrician works on Friday.
- The interior decorator does his work after the painter.
- The plumber and the painter work on consecutive days.
- Mrs. Green cannot fit all of the workers into schedule.
Ans : B
- In case the painter works on Friday, which among the following statements must be untrue?
- The carpenter may work on Wednesday.
- The carpenter and the electrician may work on consecutive days.
- In case the carpenter works on Thursday, the electrician has to work on the previous day i.e. Wednesday.
- The plumber may work before the electrician does.
- The electrician may work on Tuesday.
Ans : C
- Which arrangement among the following is possible?
- The electrician will work on Tuesday and the interior decorator on Friday.
- The painter will work on Wednesday and the plumber on Thursday.
- The carpenter will work on Tuesday and the painter on Friday.
- The painter will work on Monday and the carpenter on Thursday.
- The carpenter will work on Wednesday and the plumber on Thursday.
Ans : E